The gateway to the US is part of the Academy's DNA. Each student is prepared for university integration in the USA. Every effort is made to maximize the chances of success.
- Evaluation of the profile / Interview with the parents / definition of the project
- Implementation of ambitious tennis objectives allowing the access to the U.S. universities with a scholarship
- Privileged relationship with the specialized placement agent present every month at the academy
- Implementation of a personalized placement strategy
- Intensive English language learning and intensive preparation for the TOEFL & SAT entrance exams from the second grade.
- Assistance with registration for TOEFL and SAT exams (compulsory exams).
- Optimisation of the school file from the 3rd year
- Opening of the registration file at the end of the 1st year
- Preparation of the application file
- Preparation of the school file
- Production and video editing of the tennis sequence - Distribution to the University coaches.
- Research of universities in coherence with the project and the student's wishes
- Coaching, briefing and accompaniment of the candidate for the selection telephone interviews with the American coaches
- Negotiation of the amount of the scholarship according to the criteria communicated
- Assistance with registration on the different platforms: NCAA, NAIA...
- Registration procedures with the chosen university
- Finalization of the academic file after obtaining the Bac
- Assistance in obtaining a student visa, advice in travel arrangements
- Pre-departure advice and organization of your arrival in the USA.
- Accompaniment during the 4 years of schooling
- Follow-up of the candidate in the USA / school guidance counsellor / coach relationship
The U.S. adventure is first and foremost an extraordinary life experience, lived on a university campus in total immersion, for 4 (Bachelor's) or 5 years (Master's). It is also the integration of a university tennis team whose level can in some cases be close to the professional level, and the possibility of financing part or all of the studies through tennis (see table Equivalence Ranking / Scholarships).
The best sports profiles will have the unique opportunity to participate in university championships and professional tour tournaments (ATP/WTA), while following a high quality student curriculum.
The pursuit of a university curriculum in the USA represents a unique opportunity, so long as you are well prepared on a sport and academic level.
It’s also the assurance of a solid university baggage, recognised around the world and very sought after by recruiters, acomplete mastering of the English language, and most importantly the acquisition of “the American fighting spirit” - an essential asset to possess in today’s professional world.
- Achieving High School
- Minimum requirements at the mandatory TOEFL & SAT exams
- A sufficient tennis level allowing to integrate a strong tennis team
Charles Auffray and his team were the pioneers of university placement in the USA.
Since 1998, more than 1,000 athletes, all sports combined, have been placed by our specialists who have built a network of more than 800 universities in all American sports divisions: NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA.
Anxious to offer the best to its students, French Touch Academy has decided to work hand in hand with the Elite Athlete agency, leader in university placement in the USA since 2010.
We work closely together on unique projects. The individualization of the training offered at the academy combined with the meticulous preparation of each file by Elite Athletes Tennis (from the objective to its realization) allows us to achieve ambitious results for each student.
At the head of the first union of European employment agencies in the USA, Elite Athletes Tennis benefits from the influence of The Alliance to support and ensure a unique follow-up of the players it represents. The agency maintains a privileged relationship with the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association).
The available curriculums in American universities are numerous and varied. Students must follow a general requirement for approximately a year and a half. They are then able to choose a “major” or speciality. Here is a list of the main curriculums generally offered by most universities with which we work:
- General Business
- International Business
- Information system
- Applied Mathematics
- Civil Engineering
- Computer engineering
- Computer science
- Construction engineering
- Criminal Justice
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- European Studies
- Foods & Nutrition
- Health Communication
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information System
- Journalism & Media Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Micro Biology
- Political Science
- Real Estate
- Social Science
We select Universities according to criteria that are important to the candidate and his/her family. Specialists in athlete placement in the USA, we refer candidates to the most prestigious Universities.
We are proud to have placed or currently have young people at these Universities, in Div 1, Div 2 or Div 3.
- University of Florida
- Florida State
- University of San Diego
- University of South Carolina
- University of Souh Florida
- UC Santa Barbara
- San Diego State
- Cal Poly
- Fresno State
- Pepperdine university
- Grand Canyon unievrsity
- St John's
- Florida Atlantic university
- University of South Alabama
- University of Miami
- Loyola Maymount
- Coastal Carolina
- Boston universtiy
- Stony Brook
- Sacramento State
- Portland Stage
- Georgia State
- James Madison
- University of Louisiana Lafayette
- Armstrong Atlantic Stage
- University of West Florida
- Hawai Pacific
- Concordia College
- Abilene Christian
- Ouachita Baptist
- Florida Southern College
- Florida Tech
- Delta State
- Valdosta State
- South Carolina Aiken
- BYU Hawaii
- Francis Marion
- Asbury university
- Loyola university New Orleans
- University of North Georgia
- Bker university
- ASA Miami
- Eastern Florida
- Wallace State
We negociate the scholarship for you, directly with the universities. The American university system enables athletes to obtain a scholarship to represent the sport team. The number of availables cholarships varies depending on the sport and divisions.
In tennis, the number of scholarships attributed to each team in division 1 is of 5 for the men and 8 for the women. Their amount also varies depending on the level of the player and the university.
More info by downloading the table above which represents the correspondence between the level of tennis and the amount of scholarship generally awarded according to the level of the team.
Are you interested in the USA project and would like to test your suitability as a candidate for the start? Participate in a detection day at the French Touch Academy, let's take stock of your athletic and academic profile.
On the program:
- Individual interview with the USA placement manager
- Tennis tests on the court: one hour of training/testing with a coach
- English test in the presence of an English teacher
- General debriefing with a French Touch Academy manager: general assessment of the athlete's US project with the player's family on the athletic & academic level.
It can be very varied, but it will certainly be radiant! Depending on the university courses and integrated faculties, young people will be able to choose scientific, IT, technical, business or management careers: the choice is very wide, but the course is recognised as being one of excellence. Beyond an incomparable human and personal experience, going to an American university is the assurance of building a solid professional project, as shown by the careers of the many young people who have already passed through the hands of the 'la French' team.
The young people integrated in our sport studies tennis will have the possibility to study their starting project with a specialized consultant. This project will be fine-tuned throughout the Tennis Etudes course, and for the majority of the young people it will be a tennis project that has been matured over a long period of time. For young people who are not part of the Academy, contact us directly by phone or fill in the online application form so that we can study your file!
Obtaining a scholarship and going to study at an American university requires a sufficient level of sportsmanship. The amount of the scholarship obtained depends largely on the level of tennis. At the French Touch Academy, we will help you in your project of leaving for the USA: -By perfecting your level of tennis. -By helping you prepare for the mandatory exams: SAT, TOEFFEL, TOEIC. -By building and negotiating your application file with US universities.
Passionate coaches, a unique infrastructure, varied and affordable tennis programs, all in the heart of the seaside resort of Cap d'Agde.